Before I tell you about the Dinosaur Train, just a reminder that the Kmart Tyre & Auto Service gift voucher giveaway closes tomorrow. If you haven't entered yet, this is your last chance.
On to all things prehistoric
including my crap old coffee plunger, #1Hubby who is yet to get my Christmas giftage *ahem*.
Mstr2 is obsessed with dinosaurs. #1Hubby and I are quite pleased by this, as it makes a change from his other great loves - florals, Dora the Explorer, handbags, and plastic dress up heels.
We've got dinosaurs scattered all over the house, mostly as speed bumps strewn across all floor coverings, complete with pointy bits facing up to stab me in the foot and cause great pain while testing my swear-reflex.
I normally get to "Holy mother of ....." before I check myself and realise the kids are looking at me, waiting for the "shed word" to come out of my mouth, so they can gleefully copy it all day long.
So, instead, I say Vodka.
"Holy mother of Vodka!"
The kids, in turn, say "Holy Mummy Cordial!"
Bless their cotton socks. Or, poly cotton blend as I'm too cheap to buy the 100% cotton socks.
Given Mstr2's love of dinosaurs, I jumped at the chance to review and giveaway Jim Henson's Dinosaur Train : Have you heard about the herd?
It contains 10 episodes of Dinosaur Train, which equates to enough time for:
- A hot coffee
- An uninterrupted phone conversation to
whine about school holidayscatch up on gossip
- Flicking through an entire week's junk mail, without it being ripped away from me, and circling items I don't need but can't pass up because they are on sale.
- Hanging a load of laundry without having to wrestle it off a giggling toddler who thinks it's totally hilarious to deposit grotty hand prints on Mummy's clean Tshirt while stretching the life out of it.
- Sweeping the floor without kids walking directly through the pile of dirt and redistributing it.
- Eating the final Tim Tam biscuits without sharing. That's 4 for me and none for the 3 kids who are so engrossed in the Dinosaur Train DVD that they haven't heard the faint rustle of chocolate biscuit packet from where I'm hiding inside the closed pantry, scoffing the lot for dear life, just in case they find me.
- Checking emails without sticky toddler fingers helpfully stabbing away at the keyboard
- Use the bathroom solo. Not a knock on the door. Not a child bursting in unannounced. No interrogation on what you're doing and have you wiped properly from Miss6.
And I could've got even more done, but once I sat in front of the laptop to check emails I got totally sidetracked by another cute cat vs. dog You Tube clip...oh okay, it was a George Clooney PowerPoint compilation.
My favourite part of the DVD?
Listening to the twin tornado try and pronounce the names of the dinosaurs. It had me in hysterics, and thankfully, took Mstr2's mind off trying to say truck - which comes out as FRUCK, only not always with the R. Think BIG FRUCK, LITTLE FRUCK, FRUCK OUTSIDE, FRUCK BROKEN....and so on.
The best thing about Jim Henson's Dinosaur Train?
It's educational. You could say I'm totally home schooling the feral threesome by allowing them to watch this, on account of how they are learning about dinosaurs and prehistoric times.
I'm such a good parent like that.
Dinosaur Train is huge in America. It's even been nominated for a Daytime Emmy. I sincerely hope it beats The Bold and The Beautiful, so Brooke and her sisters have genuine reason to display their signature concerned-come-sexy-pouty faces.
|I don't understand...we're up against an animated dinosaur series?|
But...we're blonde and hot and we pout a lot, which is seriously hard to do with this much botox.
It's coming to Australia as we speak, along with the associated merchandise and confectionery (you know it's big time when it has its own confectionery line). It's probably on the same flight as my wine bag that cost a month's wine allowance in postage alone.
If you can't wait for it to land here (along with my wine bag, that was due to arrive a month ago...), then you are in luck - thanks to Adele Feletto Publicity I have five copies of Jim Henson's Dinosaur Train : Have you heard about the Herd? to give away.
For your chance to win, complete any or all of the entry options below. Please note, you don't have to complete all entry options, and you'll receive one entry for each option that you do complete.
The fine print :
- Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents only.
- Entries close midnight EST Tuesday 27 December
- Winners will be announced on the blog, Wednesday 28th December.
- Winners have seven (7) days to respond before I throw an epic hissy fit to rival any the feral threesome have ever thrown, and carry out a re-draw.
a Rafflecopter giveaway