I always associated Corningware with white dishes that the CWA ladies used to make casseroles and puddings for fundraising.
Imagine my, if I'm honest, quite OTT excitement to receive this:
From the Corningware Etch Collection
|Grass 2.35L Casserole with Glass Lid & Grass 207ml Ramekin Twin Pack|
Firstly, OMG, I love me some funky green ANYTHING.
Except the other kind of funky green stuff that my kids often hand over/smear on my person.
So I thought about what would be appropriate to adorn such a cute green dish.
Clearly not one of my sloppy, slapped together casseroles that I force the kids to eat, because it contains 487 different veg and will make them super smart and talented and wealthy enough to take care of me while I sip cocktails and float around the world living on a cruise ship, backside firmly planted in front of a poker machine in the on-board casino between games of bingo.
Not that I've thought much about it or anything.
Truth be told, I was a little apprehensive about cooking anything in my new Corningware.
Really, I loved it that much.
And so instead, I thought about what I could grace it with, drape over it, place delicately inside it.
I present to you, the prettiest dish ever:
The George Clooney Casserole**
The accompanying ramekins were used to mop up my drool.
Thanks to World Kitchen, I have a couple of Corningware lovelies for you to drape your chosen contents seductively in...or, you know, cook with.
|Cornflour 1.4L Casserole with Glass Lid (but sans George Clooney) & 207ml Ramekin Twin Pack|
For your chance to win
- Follow this blog, so that I may convince George Clooney that people want us to be together, and they are watching, following, and waiting for our universes to align and make it so.
- Comment below with your perfect casserole ingredient. The most creative comment will win, so think outside of the chicken/beef/veg square.
- Extra entries for sharing/Tweeting the following:
I want to win a Corningware set with @Parental_Parody http://goo.gl/OhAlU
Entries close midnight (WST) Saturday 27th October
The fine print:
- Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents only
- Maximum of two (2) entries for following and commenting
- Maximum of two (2) bonus entries for Tweeting and sharing
- Entries close midnight (WST) Saturday 27th October
- Winner announced on the blog Sunday 28th October
- Winner has seven (7) days to respond, before I claim their prize as my own, so that I may make even more Clooney casseroles, plus a few Wentworth Miller pies. Not really, I'll just conduct a re-draw.
**Disclaimer: No Sesame Street mini plush figurines or androgynous paper cut-out men were harmed in the making of this casserole. Although the ramekins certainly took a hit on account of the tidal wave of drool.