Am I the only one who struggles with gift ideas for other peoples' kids?
My own kids, no problem. Mostly because they want everything.
Mstr4 is like a broken record with every TV ad that comes on featuring a toy of any description, "I want that. I want that. I want that Mum. I want that."
He's hedging his bets that I may actually take note of one of the toys, I suspect.
When it comes to other kids - family, friends, any other kids - I am clueless.
I worry that, what my 4 year old likes, other 4 year olds may not.
Just because my 8 year old is into that range, doesn't mean other 8 year olds are.
I often go for the safe option when it comes to Christmas gifts for other peoples' kids - books.
Parents love them because they are noise-free and mess-free, and most of all - NO BATTERIES REQUIRED.
Bonus points if your kid is old enough to read for themselves, thus resolving you of any required input.
Just in time for Christmas, I have a 5 Scholastic books packs to give away:
A true rhyming lullaby with an Aussie theme.
Super cute idea for kids overseas.
This was my favourite.
10 Funny Sheep
Because sheep are arguably the most hilarious of all animals.
Another clever take on the classic '10 Green Bottles'.
The Twin Tornado are loving this one sick, showing off their counting prowess.
There was an old lady who swallowed a Meerkat
A fun book for younger kids, with an easy to follow theme.
Great for kids who are into animals.
For your chance to win one of 5 Scholastic Australia packs of these books:
1. Comment below with your favourite childhood book
Mine was the phone book.
Sad but true.
2. Follow this blog via the BlogLovin' link on the right
Entries close midnight (WST) Saturday 14th December
The fine print:
- Entry is open to Australian and New Zealand residents only
- Entries close midnight (WST) Saturday 14th December
- Only entrants who have completed both steps will be eligible
- Entrants must provide an email address in the relevant comment field
- Email addresses are not kept or passed on. They are solely so you can be contacted if you win
- Winners will be contacted by email
- Winners have seven (7) days to respond before a re-draw is conducted
- All prize packs will be issued by Scholastic Australia