Alright enough of the usual shenanigans.
It's time to talk seriously.
What up with brow trimming?
And why the hell did I have to find out about it - be schooled in brows - by the boys of The Only Way Is Essex?
Am I the only female and/or metrosexual and/or reality TV hybrid of the sexes who is ignorant to this process?
Because, I've gotta tell you, I have noticed my brows becoming difficult. It's like somebody permed them in my sleep. They are starting to kink on the ends.
Don't even get me started about the WHITE ONES.
So, good people of the interwebs - is this something normal non-reality TV peeps do to keep their brows looking permanently perplexed, suitably startled, amorously arched?
I just know that if I take the TOWIE boys' word for it and give it a go without checking with you more knowledgeable types first, here's how it would go down, in 12 steps.....
1. Drink a fair few glasses of wine while watching TOWIE.
2. Rewind, slow play, pause and repeat over the whole brow trimming segment of hard hitting reality TV. As per any action packed Saturday night at mine.
3. Open another bottle of wine and announce it is time for haircuts for all.
4. Chase fretful children and do something similar to but far more humane than hog tying them to the chair.
5. Trim the girls' hair into shocking matching "Children of the Corn" style 'dos after having a few too many attempts at straightening their fringes cut under the influence of a heady mix of wine and TOWIE
6. Console self over crap hairdressing skillz and extremely more crap parenting skillz. With another wine.
7. Shut self in bathroom armed with tweezers and scissors and a screen shot of Bobby's brows.
8. Spend a bit of time assessing brows and grab professional grooming device (shocking blunt nail scissors marked down to 99 cents at the discount shop).
9. Neck rest of whatever glass of wine I'm up to and have at brows.
10. Emerge from bathroom who knows how long later.
Looking less this
and more this
11. Immediately discover that women don't trim their brows and TOWIE is not an educational source on all things fashion and beauty.
12. Hermit-ise self indoors for 3-4 months until brows return.
Looking like this
So, before I go all DIY as I seem to do when under the influence of my pissed inner 14 year old, what say you internet - do females trim their brows or not?
Lest I appear stupid / nuts / both and have to ask my beauty therapist. Because, perish the thought of her thinking me stupid while maintaining all of my bits and pieces.
Dudes eyebrows are spectacular! I'd bet he gets all the action! Meanwhile I believe that it is true that some women trim their eyebrows. I got my husband to do mine just last weekend. I'm too scared to look.ReplyDelete
I think it's probably his new half arsed (LITERALLY) speedo's that get him the action.Delete
I'm going to ask my hairdresser next time I go (which is only like, once every 2 years between dodgy packet DIY home dye jobs). I may have Yoda brows by then....
I get them waxed normally. The last time I got them threaded. Both as painful as each other. If someone else does them MAKE SURE you tell them exactly what shape you want otherwise they shape them how THEY want them - often these are two very different looks !!!!ReplyDelete
Good luck !
I'm a regular waxer / plucker. No pain issues (don't get me started on underarms - OMG, all the torturous ticklishness!).Delete
The nail scissors are taunting me. Daring me to have a go...
I had never heard of it before! But that is not surprising - if The Wiggles or PlaySchool don't do a song about it, then how am I even supposed to learn?ReplyDelete
Same. If only Hi5 did a 5 step sing-songy tutorial, I could train the kids to do it for me so I wouldn't even have to put down my wine!Delete
Is it just me or do the brows in the middle pic look disturbingly like sperm?ReplyDelete
OMG. Totally. Wish I'd realised this after the first few wines. Would've totally upped the entertainment factor.Delete
I trim my brows, it makes them look a lot neater.ReplyDelete
Now yours is an opinion I'd trust. That's what I'm thinking would happen with mine. Only the thicker part near the middle of my face / my nose. Not the outer edges.Delete
I go to the experts, but have to trim a very long one, about half an inch every few weeks, it's like it's got a mind of its own, or it's trying to reach the top of my head and join in with the rest of my hair!!!ReplyDelete
OMG, like the ultimate mono brow, but better! HAIRBROW! Or something. That is totally worth doing, just to see if anyone notices and politely advises you of your one rogue brow hair.Delete
who would want brows such as the middle photo. yikes!ReplyDelete
hey, you might want to check this site for funny photos and videos. it will surely brighten your day.http://superlol.com/
I trim my brows or ask whoever is waxing them to trim them as well...otherwise i constantly have to smooth them into their proper form as they like to escape and form little horns about the arch. I don't know if you can visualize this, but it makes brow-trimming a neccessity, especially during the summer when swimming makes this more common.ReplyDelete